Sunday, November 7, 2010

... went to Fabric Planet and bought some wonderful trim.

It's been making me NUTS that I don't have my sewing machine in order - my tension wasn't working anyways, so I thought I'd take it apart, clean it and put it back together again, right?  Not right.  Oh, SO not right.  I had it almost working at one point, but ruined it by showing it off and the machine just put its stubborn peddle down and refused to cooperate. So I went to Fabric Planet on Lincoln Blvd in Venice to indulge in looking/touching at gorgeous fabrics while suffering that I can't do anything with them.

Or can I?  Please, it sometimes takes me a while to figure out how to prep for the future. (It sometimes takes me a while to figure out anything, but I digress.) I realized that even though I probably won't get my machine fixed until Thanksgiving week, I can pin, cut & baste things.  Oh yeah.

I didn't end up purchasing any fabric, but I did indulge in some wonderful trim.  My latest Fire Mountain bead catalog showed up a couple of days ago, and I saw some necklace fittings that inspired me to look for cord, braid, ribbon,  etc. for potential ornament-holders.  I will post pics as soon as I can...

Here, though is a photo I took last week of my students.  My kids were id'ing different types of galaxies in a Deep Space Hubble Photo, and I became enchanted with how the galaxies danced across their backs as they stood at the board.  I grabbed my phone, which had been thrown in with my (cold) lunch and was fogged up.  I took some pics anyway, and loved the way they came out.
Josh has dancing galaxies on his back.

Rick has galactic mist drifting off his.
We are all made of stardust.

No comments:

Post a Comment